Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Red Light

This red light
The corner of my little phone
And its flashes mean that someone
Wants to hear from me

Check for the red light
Peer into my purse
Check again, just to be sure

I used to know that he was missing me
Private chats all day long
Forgetting my phone on purpose
Just to return to his red light

Return from a meeting
His message was there to greet me
Climb out of the shower
His red light to see how my day was going?
Exit the gym
Sweaty
Tired
He was dwelling on how nice I looked
Red light reminding me that he cared

My little phone
Up to my ear for hours late one night
And there we agreed
That we needed more from each other than just
A red light
Weaping
And tears
And too far away to make anything right

These days there is still a red light
An overdrawn account notice from the bank
Or a jumbled message from my father
Wat do U want 2 do 4 dinner 2nite?????
A carpool cancellation
They’re too busy to make it to dinner

Never a blush
Cheeks rushing with blood and warmth
Just a red light
And now the roll of my eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment