Sunday, March 7, 2010

JoJo for President

Johannes is on the highway
He’s most at home behind the wheel
He’s on a mission
Get to where he’s going
Fast
He tailgates
Enough to cause me to nervously
Cross
And uncross
And cross my legs again

He’s handsome
The boy a mom dreams of for her daughter
And while his youth shows
Always so playful
There’s something about him
His barrel-chested walk
Projecting voice
Halfway cocky smile
That tells you he should be trusted

“JoJo,” I revisit the frequent topic of conversation
“When you’re elected president you’ll still let me be your
Brains behind the whole operation, right?”


He laughs a little to himself
We have this exact same exchange
At least once a week
“T, what makes you think I’ll be president?”
He always fishes
For my same answer

“JoJo, you’re the cockiest
Most handsome guy I know
Who wouldn’t want you up front on their stage?
But man, we could be the power team
You’re the face everyone loves
And I’ll work my ass off behind the scenes
I’ll be the Hilary to your Bill Clinton
Together we’ll rule the world”

No comments:

Post a Comment